- Access to the website is free and its aim is to inform the public about the services offered by Shantom House of Culture (courses, workshops, alternative therapy sessions and performances), as well as the schedules of courses, workshops, events, any special offers etc.
- The website's content belongs to Shantom House of Culture, according to law 2121/1993 in use today, as well as the international copyright law agreements to which Greece complies.
- The content of newsletters also belongs to Shantom and is protected by the relevant Greek and international laws.
- Every visitor of the website must respect the copyright laws relevant for each case.
- It is not permitted to exploit the website's content, either in part or in its entirety, without prior written consent by Shantom, regardless of whether it is for commercial or non-commercial purposes. Such uses include selling, changing, reformatting, re-publishing, editing, uploading, translating, sharing, site mirroring etc.
- Shantom has the right to make, at any time, changes, additions or deletions to the website's informative or technical content.
We are not all the same - don't improvise!
- The website's user takes the responsibility for the use of the techniques suggested on this website, which we suggest to be tried only under the supervision of an experienced teacher/therapist. In all cases, Shantom is not responsible for any kind of damage suffered by the user of this website's pages and of Shantom's services. The understanding is that the user decides to make use of them on his/her own responsibility, and in knowledge of these terms and conditions. What does this mean? Long time experience, ours and of countless others, makes us sure that the practices and techniques for the self-improvement of body and mind that we suggest are very beneficial for the vast majority of people. However, each person is different, and that's why we cannot guarantee that it will be beneficial for you personally, nor can we shoulder the responsibility for the result.
- Shantom does not take the role of medical advisor for any health or mental complaint. Although we inform of the beneficial effects of various types of exercise/self-improvement techniques/alternative therapies, this does not mean they are suited for everyone. If you have a health problem, you must seek the permission of your therapist before starting any of the practices we suggest. If you don't do this, you proceed at your own risk and responsibility, and Shantom is not responsible for anything that may happen.
- Underage users of the website or of Shantom's services are assumed to be doing so with the permission of their parents or guardians.
Personal data protection
- The personal data collected from users who subscribe to the Shantom mailing list are the following: first name, surname, e-mail address. These data are kept on Shantom's electronic database, for which all protective measures have been taken. They are used exclusively for communicating Shantom's news (info on new courses, workshops, events, offers etc.) and they are never given to any third party.
- Of course, the same goes for the personal data given by Shantom's students at the time of their inscription. These also include physical address, tax registration number, phone number and information about any physical ailments. They are kept on a physical file signed by the student and kept in a safe place. The data is also transferred on our password-protected PC.
- The Shantom secretaries are adequately trained on the subject of personal data protection and is careful to safeguard the sensitive data (health concerns) which are only communicated to your teacher, so that s/he knows how to adapt the exercise to your particular needs.
- The handling and protection of the user's personal data complies with the current Greek and European law and especially the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
- The user can ask to be removed from the newsletter at any time: either by visiting our office in person, or by a phone call to +30 210-6717529, or by e-mail, or automatically, by clicking the "Unsubscribe” link found under each newsletter.
- The above terms and conditions of the website, as well as any changes made to them, are included and complemented by Greek law, European Union law and relevant international treaties.
Whatever part of the above terms becomes contrary to the law, automatically becomes invalid and will be removed from this page, without this changing anything about the status of the remaining terms.
The present document is the total agreement between Shantom and the user of the website and of Shantom's services, and is only binding to those two parties. Any change to these terms will not be taken into account and will not be part of the agreement unless it has been put in writing and incorporated into this document.
- For any dispute, the applicable law is Greek law and it will be taken to the Athens Court.